HotRodKing's Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Questions about the End.

2 posters

Go down

Some Questions about the End. Empty Some Questions about the End.

Post  HDgamerfist Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm not on the server but I wanted to ask a few questions about the end and 1 question about the Iron Golem farm.

1. When will the End Portal be reopened?
It's been closed with bedrock so...

2. Will you keep respawning Ender Dragons?
After we killed the first 3, there was 6 more when I came back. I've been looking at an ender farm project for a while and actually want to build one. To build one, it would be very helpful if there are no dragons in the end.

3. Can I still build an Iron Golem farm once more RAM is inputted?
It would be nice to have an iron farm going. It would be public. However, I'm not sure of the lag. I'm confident it doesn't cause ANY lag.

HDgamerfist

Back to top Go down

Some Questions about the End. Empty Re: Some Questions about the End.

Post  HotRodKing Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 pm

I cant really say much about the first two questions because I am not really a part of what is happening in the end. I will say that I think that the dragon should be left killed. I cant think of a good reason it would need to stay, but I may just be unaware of something.

Anyway, about the iron golem farm. I think that if you were able to transfer the villagers purely through the game mechanics (aka no using mod help or spawn eggs) then it would be acceptable. It is just usually frowned upon because it yields so much iron. If you were to create it fair, then I suppose I wouldn't really have a problem with it. (As long as you shared! Wink )

The main reason that we told you not to was the server. Previously, the server had about 1GB of ram. Performance would be effected if we had lots of people on plus people at spawners and golem farms. Once the server is back up for a little bit with the recently added 4GB of ram Shocked we will be able to see how much that stuff actually effects the gameplay.

We will get back to you on this once we are able to evaluate the new performance figures. bounce
HotRodKing
HotRodKing
Admin

https://hotrodkingmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HDgamerfist Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 am

HotRodKing wrote:I cant really say much about the first two questions because I am not really a part of what is happening in the end. I will say that I think that the dragon should be left killed. I cant think of a good reason it would need to stay, but I may just be unaware of something.

Anyway, about the iron golem farm. I think that if you were able to transfer the villagers purely through the game mechanics (aka no using mod help or spawn eggs) then it would be acceptable. It is just usually frowned upon because it yields so much iron. If you were to create it fair, then I suppose I wouldn't really have a problem with it. (As long as you shared! Wink )

The main reason that we told you not to was the server. Previously, the server had about 1GB of ram. Performance would be effected if we had lots of people on plus people at spawners and golem farms. Once the server is back up for a little bit with the recently added 4GB of ram Shocked we will be able to see how much that stuff actually effects the gameplay.

We will get back to you on this once we are able to evaluate the new performance figures. bounce

If it lags the server, I still found a solution. When we update, there will be things called hoppers which will automatically put items into chests. I'll find a way so that the golems automatically die, making the iron drop into hoppers, making the iron going into chests.

HDgamerfist

Back to top Go down

Post  HotRodKing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 am

That sounds good, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.
HotRodKing
HotRodKing
Admin

https://hotrodkingmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HDgamerfist Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 am

HotRodKing wrote:That sounds good, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Or...I can put the farm in another random chunk. However, I will need the help of an S-Mod to cut and paste it to a random chunk. Hopefully the server will open up really soon.

HDgamerfist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down